Student Dress Code Students will dress and groom in a clean and neat manner, which does not distract or interfere with the operation of the school.
Student attire should not be destructive to school property, immodest or revealing and should comply with requirements for health and safety.
The following are not to be worn by students.
– hats, bandanas, scarves, head rags, gloves, shower caps, hair combs, picks, hair curlers, hairnets, sweatbands or any other unauthorized head covering.
– Sunglasses or goggles (inside building)
– Gym shorts, tank tops, halters, cut or torn clothing, tube tops, tops that show abdomen or inner arm pit areas, see-through garments or underwear worn as outer clothing.
– Thongs, footies or bedroom slippers (Students must wear appropriate footwear at all times. No one should be barefoot at school. Shoes, sneakers, boots, etc. must be laced and tied.
– Lycra or spandex clothing or any excessively tight clothing (Leggings may be worn under shorts or dresses provide that the shorts or dresses meet the length standards.)
– Any clothing or accessories with profanity or distasteful depictions, advertising for drugs, beer or tobacco companies, or “political statements” advocating violations of law.
– Any attire deemed by the administration to be unsuitable or disruptive to the educational or cultural climate of the school. Hats and gloves may be worn to school but not inside the school building.
The bottom edge of skirts, dresses and shorts must be no higher than three inches above the knee in front and back. (School uniforms are exempt from this policy)
No sagging pants, shorts, skirts, etc. are allowed. These items should be worn at the waist.
Belts must be kept buckled. Suspenders or overall straps must be hooked and kept on shoulders.
All clothing must be sized appropriately. Shirts with tails must be tucked in at all times. Administrators reserve the right to have students tuck in shirts upon request and wear belts at the waist if clothing appears to be inappropriately sized.
Staff members have the authority to confiscate inappropriate items such as hats or sunglasses worn in the building. The school will hold these items and the school is not responsible if the items are damaged, stolen or lost. Any student found to be in violation of the dress code would be required to report to the office to call someone to bring an appropriate change of clothes and/or to receive disciplinary action